The aim of UMEME capacity building project is to enhance the university education system for Tanzanian electrical/energy engineers, to enable universal access to electricity and energy transition in Tanzania, within the framework of the UN-SDGs.
The objectives of the project are:
• Providing high-level technical skills, especially engineering, to enable the energy transition;
• Modernising the existing programmes on electric and energy engineers in 3 Universities in Tanzania;
• Training of professors, trainers and professional on the interdisciplinary topics concerning the energy transition and sustainable goals, mainly in Africa;
• Innovating and powering existing laboratories with new equipment on Energy and numerical simulation;
• Supporting the mobility of students and staff between European and Tanzanian Universities;
• Promoting at academic level and in the civil society the main principles and priorities of Green Deal.
The project is carried out in six WPs: management, financial and evaluation framework, innovation in existing curricula, professional training of trainers, training of students and local awareness, facilities and laboratories and communications and stakeholders’ engagement.